Monday, April 11, 2011

Sweet Potato Tsimiss

As anyone knows who follows this blog, it takes me a while to get things posted from my last show.
However, when I get someone calls the show from Scotland, certain things take a front seat which is why I'm on here today and posting this recipe for the Passover dish that I talked about on the show today. I'd hate to be responsible for the squash rotting on the counter of a woman in Scotland after she called all the way to California for the recipe.
Janet, this is for you:

Sweet Potato Tsimiss

1 cup grated butternut squash or sweet potato
1 cup grated apple
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dried prunes, chopped
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup margarine (melted)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup matzo meal

Method:
Mix all ingredients together, turn into a greased casserole and bake at 350f and bake for 1 hours.
Let me know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment