Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ham Salad

Well, it's Thursday night after Easter and I'm still eating leftover ham. Time for that part of the pig to hit the freezer! As much as I love ham (and this is an ace recipe, believe me!) I need to put it away before I can't look at another ham sandwich or Western omelet for awhile. But before I do, I want to share a good recipe for leftover ham. This turned up at all our Memorial Day picnics when I was a kid. When our Easter ham disappeared after many incarnations, it would magically appear as Ham Salad Sandwiches at that same roadside picnic area back in Michigan over Memorial Day Weekend when we would stop for a bite between cemetery visits. Don't know if this is Mom's same recipe but it sure worked for me this week!
Ham Salad
3 cups ground ham
2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
1 stalk celery, finely diced
3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
several grindings of black pepper

Combine all ingredients and use for sandwiches, spread for crackers, or any other filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment