Saturday, August 20, 2011

Chicken and Apple Crêpes



Here is the promised picture and review of the crêpe recipe I featured on the show last Monday.

They turned out well. The only things I would change are the type of chicken I used and the amount of apples.


If you've listened to me much at all, you'll know that boneless, skinless chicken breasts are not in my top ten on the hit parade of favorite foods.

They have to be treated just right or they are just too dry. I decided to try and roast one today for this recipe. Not what I had been hoping for.

If you must use chicken breast, poach it in some water with a combination of celery, onion, carrots, and thyme until just done. Better yet, use thigh meat. I love the deep taste and the moistness.

The other thing I would change is the amount of apples I used. I put about 3 thin (and I do mean paper-thin) slices in each one when I assembled them. I should have put at least twice as many in. Otherwise, it turned out very well and my dinner guest helped himself to seconds.

Hope you will give this a go. You can make everything in advance and put it together at the last minute. Perfect for entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment